Software Support Engineer
El Dorado Hills, CA
Become part of a team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality, and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible work-hours environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason). We understand the contributions that every employee has on the overall company success and provide a quarterly bonus that is directly tied to company sales. We are an expanding company, and there is opportunity for advancement within our growing company in the future.
The position of Software Support Engineer involves assisting customers with their technical questions and providing best practices for our software. This involves understanding the customer questions or desired functionality and providing solutions. In some cases, it requires creating workaround procedures when standard procedures do not meet the customer’s desired functionality and ensuring issues are resolved in a timely fashion. The position will work closely with customers, other support staff, and development to resolve support tickets in a timely manner.
The new hire will receive paid training including a combination of self-paced video, classroom, and on-the-job mentoring by senior support staff.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving customer problems, working in independent or team environments, and have a passion for computer technology.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Quick learning abilities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong programming experience in Python/Jython language
- Knowledge of Windows and Ubuntu Linux
- Relational databases/SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization is a plus
- Knowledge of mobile device technologies a plus
- Degree in a technical field: Computer Science or Engineering a plus
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Learn our products and begin providing limited tech support to customers within 3 months with mentoring.
- Quickly understand customer’s question or support issue and provide appropriate answers and solutions.
- Respond to new tickets and work with customers directly through phone, email, or live support session.
- Work effectively on multiple tickets simultaneously.
- Properly prioritize tickets based on urgency and customer impact.
- Reproduce, document, and explain technical issues.
- Follow through on support tickets to ensure timely resolution of all requests.
- Contribute to best practices and knowledge base for others to benefit from.
- After the initial training period of 6 months, demonstrate appropriate handling of support tickets and use good judgement determining when to involve advanced support or development teams.