Quality Assurance (QA) Technician
El Dorado Hills, CA
Become part of a team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and many more.
The position of MES Quality Assurance Technician will involve actively improving the quality and usability of our software. This involves the creation and execution of functional, regression, upgrade, and scenario tests using primarily manual techniques. The QA Technician will work closely with QA engineers, developers, and technical support establishing functionality in the software and documenting results of test cases.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving problems, work in independent and team environments and have a passion for software and technology.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Very organized and strong attention to detail
- Effective written communication skills and ability to test software behavior from user perspective.
- Knowledge of a modern programming language (Python preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Windows or Linux
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Ability to navigate Linux command line environment
- Knowledge of Bash shell scripting
- Knowledge of testing frameworks for web technologies
- Knowledge of mobile device technologies
- Knowledge of Git
- Degree in a technical field: Computer Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker Compose
- Knowledge of Atlassian products (JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Learn the company’s modules and execute manual and some automated test plans
- Provide quick acceptance testing for developers on their new fixes
- Create, execute, and review document test steps, runs, and results
- Test manually that which cannot be reasonably or immediately tested automatically
- Accurately estimate testing effort
- Work with other QA and development staff to coordinate product releases
- Work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously