Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
El Dorado Hills, CA
Become part of a team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality, and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible work-hours environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason). We understand the contributions that every employee has on the overall company success and provide a bonus that is directly tied to company sales. We are an expanding company, and there is opportunity for advancement within our growing team in the future.
The position of Quality Assurance Manager will involve actively improving the quality and usability of our software. This involves the creation and management of functional, regression, upgrade, and scenario tests using both automated and manual techniques. The QA Manager will oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
The new hire will receive paid training including a combination of self-paced video, classroom, and on-the-job mentoring by senior support staff.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving customer problems, working in independent or team environments, and have a passion for computer technology. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to understand complex concepts and break them down in a concise and understandable way for beginners.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Very organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Python or other similar languages
- Skill with writing automated tests that cover both core and edge use cases
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Ubuntu Linux
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Flexibility to switch tasks as needed
- Strong Bash skills
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker-Compose
- Experience creating internal frameworks and APIs
- Knowledge of Selenium web testing framework
- Degree in a technical field: Computer Science or Engineering
- Prior usage of ticketing system such as JIRA
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated)
- Accurately estimate testing effort and manage the release schedule
- Work with QA and development staff to coordinate product releases
- Coordinate QA resources by assigning projects and tickets to team
- Design, implement, and improve company quality standards
- Identify opportunities to enhance efficiency and accountability
- Train and mentor QA team members to ensure that standards are met
- Analyze data and create reports to track progress
- Participate in ticket review meetings
- Work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously