El Dorado Hills, CA
Become part of a team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality, and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible hours work environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason). We understand the contributions that every employee has on the overall company success and provide a bonus that is directly tied to company sales. We are an expanding company, and there is an opportunity for advancement within our growing company in the future.
The position of Product Manager involves driving the vision, strategy, design, and execution of Sepasoft products. The Product Manager must gain a deep understanding of the customer experience to identify and fill product gaps, as well as generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive company growth. This individual must collaborate effectively with both internal employees and external parties to collect valuable feedback on industry pain points and trends, and communicate them to the Development and Quality Assurance teams. The Product Manager must then collaborate with designers, engineers, and other internal team members to effectively drive implementation of this vision.
The new hire will receive paid training including a combination of self-paced video, classroom, and on-the-job mentoring by senior staff.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving customer problems, working in independent or team environments, and have a passion for computer technology.
- Quick learning abilities.
- Background in manufacturing or systems integration.
- Familiarity with functional programming.
- Significant experience in Software Product Management role.
- Knowledge of Ignition or Sepasoft software a plus.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Clear and articulate communicator capable of easily developing and maintaining relationships.
- Able to break down complex problems into simpler component pieces to facilitate execution.
- Capable of collaborating effectively with peers across all departments of the organization.
- Prepared to take ownership over product development cycle by scaling and improving upon company’s current core processes.
- Gather insights from internal and external user feedback, web analytics, research, experiments, competitors, and data analysis to understand user needs. Synthesize these learnings into product plans to deliver on those user needs.
- Write clear and concise product requirements and develop basic prototypes that provide clarity to software developers.
- Identify and prioritize features to improve conversion and efficiency.
- Orchestrate product launches, including training for internal users. Create buy-in for product visions both internally and externally by delivering webinars and demonstrations.
- Act as liaison for strategic partners to drive forward joint ventures, pursue new opportunities, and manage business relationships.
- Manage both the long-term product roadmap and short-term release calendar based on defined priorities. Collaborate with both Development and Quality Assurance Departments to communicate big-picture priorities.
- Test potential product changes to evaluate functionality from a user perspective and communicate results to Quality Assurance.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.