MES Solution Engineer (Presales)
El Dorado Hills, CA (In-office, remote, or hybrid)
Become part of a team that develops MES software to track and improve production, workflows, efficiency, quality and more for manufacturing companies worldwide. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible work-hours environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason). We are an expanding company, and there is an opportunity for advancement within our growing team in the future.
The position of MES Solution Engineer involves gaining a strong understanding of user requirements for each targeted vertical industry and creating authentic content and product demonstrations to showcase how Sepasoft technology addresses each use case. This content may be delivered in written form (blog post, white paper), webinar, or other presentation formats in order to educate Sepasoft partners, potential customers, and existing customers.
This individual must be technical with a background in manufacturing and systems integration. The MES Solution Engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining Ignition projects for each target industry that demonstrate our products and provide a starter project template for customers. This process includes creating a written definition with UI designs and organizing peer review sessions with internal and external teams for feedback
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving customer problems, working in independent or team environments, and have a passion for computer technology.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Gain a clear understanding of user requirements and use cases for each targeted vertical industry by working with existing customers, potential customers, and internal sales and support teams.
- Showcase the potential uses and benefits of Sepasoft technology by delivering authentic vertical industry content and communication to our existing and potential customers.
- Create and maintain Ignition projects for each target industry that demonstrate our products and provide a starter project template for customers. This process includes creating a written definition with UI designs and organizing peer review sessions with internal and external teams for feedback.
- Create instructional videos on how to demo to target industries to be used by Sepasoft sales partners such as international distributors and systems integrators.
- Create short marketing videos targeted for each vertical industry.
- Create written content outlining the common requirements for a targeted industry and what Sepasoft functionality is used to meet these requirements.
- Contribute to Sepasoft website and blog content for targeted industries.
- Organize and lead targeted industry webinars.
- Attend and present at targeted industry conferences.
- Experience as manufacturing systems integrator or implementing MES software
- Ignition or similar HMI / SCADA / MES system
- Python or similar scripting language
- Strong UI design skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills to determine priorities and lead projects/meeting
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, or related field
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.