Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
El Dorado Hills, CA (Remote working available)
Become part of a team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible work-hours environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason). We understand the contributions that every employee has on the overall company success and provide a bonus that is directly tied to company sales. We are an expanding company, and there is opportunity for advancement within our growing team in the future.
The position of Quality Assurance Engineer will involve actively improving the quality and usability of our software. This involves the creation and management of functional, regression, upgrade and scenario tests using both automated and manual techniques. The QA Engineer will work closely with developers, diagnosing bugs and usability issues and documenting them carefully in well-organized JIRA tickets.
The new hire will receive paid training including a combination of self-paced video, classroom, and on-the-job mentoring by senior staff.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly and enjoy working through challenging problems. They must be able to do this independently or in an agile team environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Very organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Python or other similar languages
- Skill with writing automated tests that cover both core and edge use cases
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Ubuntu Linux
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Flexibility to switch tasks as needed
- Strong Bash skills
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker-Compose
- Experience creating internal frameworks and APIs
- Knowledge of Selenium web testing framework
- Degree in a technical field: Computer Science or Engineering
- Prior usage of ticketing system such as JIRA
- Learn the company’s modules and establish test plans
- Design and implement Unittest type tests in Python
- Design and implement Selenium type tests in Python
- Write custom test frameworks and APIs where necessary
- Assist QA Technicians with manual testing when necessary
- Accurately estimate testing effort
- Work with other QA and development staff to coordinate product releases
- Work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously