MES Design Engineer
El Dorado Hills, CA
Become part of a team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible work hours environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason). We understand the contributions that every employee has on the overall company success and provide a bonus that is directly tied to company sales. We are an expanding company, and there is opportunity for advancement within our growing team in the future.
The position of MES Design Engineer (with a batch systems focus) involves assisting customers with their technical questions and providing best practices for our software in a Sales Engineering capacity. This involves understanding the customer as well as industry requests and trends for desired functionality. In many cases, solutions require creatively leveraging Sepasoft Module features and the Ignition platform to meet the customer’s desired outcomes. The MES Design Engineer is the point of contact with our End Users and System Integrators, and as such must be personable, professional, and able to communicate technical concepts effectively. The position will work closely with customers, our technical support team, and developers to resolve a wide range of customer requests in a timely manner.
The new hire will receive paid training, including a combination of self-paced video, classroom, and on-the-job mentoring by senior staff.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving customer problems, working in independent or team environments, and have a passion for computer technology.
- Experience with implementing batch systems
- Strong problem solving skills
- Quick learning abilities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Python Scripting
- Knowledge of OOP
- Knowledge of Windows and Ubuntu Linux
- Databases and SQL knowledge
- Background in Manufacturing
- Very organized and strong attention to detail
- Degree in a technical field: Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with the Ignition by Inductive Automation platform
- Experience with instruments and PLC programming
- Background in Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledge of virtual machine operation
- Knowledge of mobile device technologies
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Learn our products and begin providing feature demos to customers within 3 months with mentoring
- Quickly understand customer’s question or support issue and provide appropriate answers and solutions
- Guide customers through architecture and best practices by phone or email
- Manage multiple customer relationships concurrently
- Reproduce, document and explain technical issues
- Support best practice development in collaboration with Design Consulting and other departments
- After initial training period, demonstrate appropriate handling of design consultation requests and use good judgement determining when to involve support or development teams.