MES Design Engineer
Permanent, Full-Time position
El Dorado Hills, CA
Become part of a team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible work hours environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason and provided that company support hours are covered). We understand the contributions that every employee has on the overall company success and provide a bonus that is directly tied to company sales. We are an expanding company and there is opportunity for advancement within our growing company in the future.
The position of MES Design Engineer involves assisting customers with their technical questions and providing best practices for our software in a Sales Engineering capacity. This involves understanding the customer as well as industry requests and trends for desired functionality. In many cases, solutions require creatively leveraging Sepasoft Module features and the Ignition platform to meet the customer’s desired outcomes. The MES Design Engineer is the point of contact with our End Users and System Integrators, and as such must be personable, professional, and able to communicate technical concepts effectively. The position will work closely with customers, our technical support team, and developers to resolve a wide range of customer requests in a timely manner.
The new hire will receive paid training on our software including a combination of self-paced video, classroom, and on-the-job mentoring by senior support staff.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving customer problems, working in independent or team environments, and have a passion for computer technology.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Quick learning abilities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with the Ignition by Inductive Automation platform
- Python Scripting
- Knowledge of OOP
- PLC programming a plus
- Knowledge of Windows and Ubuntu Linux
- Knowledge of virtual machine operation is a plus
- Databases and SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of mobile device technologies a plus
- Degree in a technical field: Computer Science or Engineering a plus
- Background in Lean Six Sigma
- Background in Manufacturing
- Very organized and strong attention to detail
- Experience of at least 2 years in a support or Systems Integration related position.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Learn our products and begin providing feature demos to customers within 1 month with mentoring.
- Quickly understand customer’s question or support issue and provide appropriate answers and solutions
- Respond to new tickets and work with customers directly through phone or email
- Identify and organize support tickets according to priority
- Reproduce, document and explain technical issues
- Follow through on support tickets to ensure timely resolution of all requests
- Contribute to best practices and knowledge base for others to benefit from
- After the initial training period of 6 months, demonstrate appropriate handling of support tickets and use good judgement determining when to involve level 2 support or development teams.