IT Systems Administrator
Permanent, Full-Time position
El Dorado Hills, CA
Become part of a development team that develops software to track production, efficiency, quality and more for manufacturing companies around the world. We are in a unique category of software development that is diversified and stable across numerous manufacturing industries including automotive, electronics, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and many more.
Sepasoft has a flexible work hours environment that allows employees to set their own work hours (within reason and provide company support hours are covered). We understand the contributions that every employee has on the overall company success and provide a bonus that is directly tied to company sales. We are an expanding company, and there is opportunity for advancement within our growing company in the future.
The position of IT Engineer involves assisting internal customers with their hardware, software, and environment needs. This involves understanding the systems used internally from standard desktops to AWS resources. This position will also support internal systems like our CRM, which entails writing python scripts, SQL queries, and using RESTful web services. The position will work closely with internal Design Consultation Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, and management to support company IT needs.
The new hire will receive paid training including a combination of self-paced video, classroom and on-the-job mentoring by senior support staff to understand our software products.
The person filling this position must be able to maintain and manage our internal and cloud based software, hardware and networks. They must exhibit the ability to learn our systems quickly, enjoy working through and solving problems, working in independent or team environments and have a passion for computer technology. Their primary responsibility will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Quick learning abilities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with various operating systems and platforms
- Experience with AWS EC-2, RDS, S3, IAM, WorkSpaces, and etc.
- Experience configuring networks and firewalls
- Experience maintaining systems and monitor system performance
- Programming knowledge for Python language or equal
- Ability to support installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Ability to manage user accounts
- Ability to rapidly troubleshoot and resolve issues and outages
- Ability to ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Degree in a technical field: Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering a plus
- Very organized and strong attention to detail
- Experience of at least 2 years in an IT related position.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Learn our internal and cloud based systems and begin providing IT support in 6 months.
- Maintain and enhance CRM system features
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Quickly understand internal customer’s question or support issue and provide appropriate answers and solutions
- Identify and organize internal support tickets according to priority
- Reproduce, document and explain technical issues
- Follow through on internal support tickets to ensure timely resolution of all requests
- Contribute to best practices and document in internal wiki for others to benefit
- Ensure our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently